Side Braid Video Tutorial

Barefoot Blonde - Side Braid Video TutorialTOP: Townsen c/o || LIPSTICK: NARS ‘Heat Wave’

So I finally have this tutorial for you! Again, my camera is still broken so it was filmed on my laptop but hopefully you at least get the picture! I know it is long but I do give some tips for using the extensions and how to apply product when you wear extensions so if you wear extensions it could be helpful :)

If you don’t wear extensions and don’t want to hear about what product I use and how I use it, skip to 8:48

Scroll down to see the video and don’t forget to subscribe to my YouTube page, here!

Barefoot Blonde - styling products for braids

WAVE & SHINE SPRAY BY ORIBE c/o || MOROCCAN OIL HAIRSPRAY c/o || MOROCCAN OIL ARGAN OIL SERUM c/o || SAM VILLA BRUSH c/o Tutorial on how to do this side braid with extensions

**Photos taken by Jessica Janae Photography

Tags: , , , , ,

76 Responses to “Side Braid Video Tutorial”

1. Eye Like Fashion January 17, 2014 at 12:24 am Permalink

It’s beautiful and you make it look so easy! I’ll attempt this…

NEW POST:: BLUE PYTHON

2. Rach January 17, 2014 at 6:11 am Permalink

I love this! I love playing with my hair so I’m always really inspired by your braided looks.

• amber January 19, 2014 at 10:14 pm Permalink

Thanks so much Rach I am glad! xx

3. April V January 17, 2014 at 6:40 am Permalink

Love this tutorial! Thank you! Can’t wait for another!!

4. Jessica Fay January 17, 2014 at 6:49 am Permalink

Great Tutorial lady!! You are so talented! I used to be an Artistic Director for Oribe…its pronounced “Or-bay” if that makes sense haha You are such a doll!!!!

lipstickheelsandababy.blogspot.com

• amber January 19, 2014 at 10:13 pm Permalink

Thanks so much!! Haha I realized that after I filmed it, whoops! So fun that you worked with them! xx

5. melissa January 17, 2014 at 6:49 am Permalink

i like your nail polish! what brand and color?!

• amber January 19, 2014 at 10:13 pm Permalink

Thanks! It is just a random shellac color I picked out at the nail salon!!

6. Christina Storm January 17, 2014 at 7:12 am Permalink

Love it! Great tutorial! Thanks for sharing! I’m going to try this asap!
    Have a great weekend!

• amber January 19, 2014 at 10:12 pm Permalink

Thanks Christina!! :)

7. Ash January 17, 2014 at 7:19 am Permalink

Amazing tutorial as always!!! I am definitely going to attempt this, such a cute but classy hairstyle!!

Happy Friday Love!
    Xo Ash,

• amber January 19, 2014 at 10:12 pm Permalink

Thanks so much cute girl!!

8. Michelle Torres January 17, 2014 at 7:54 am Permalink

Great job Amber! I can not wait to try this!!! Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a great weekend!!!

• amber January 19, 2014 at 10:12 pm Permalink

Thanks so much Michelle!! xo

9. Mel January 17, 2014 at 8:49 am Permalink

Love this Amber! I am totally trying this out for tomorrow’s hairstyle. It looks so classy and fun!

xo Mel

• amber January 19, 2014 at 10:11 pm Permalink

Thanks Mel!! Cant wait for you to try it! xx

10. Js January 17, 2014 at 8:54 am Permalink

This was awesome Amber! Thanks a million for the tutorial, definitely trying it today! Xx

• amber January 19, 2014 at 10:11 pm Permalink

Thanks girlie!! Excited for you to try it! xx

11. Brooke January 17, 2014 at 9:01 am Permalink

Love this Amber!! You are so cute :) This is such a detailed tutorial. I look forward to trying it myself. Great job!

• amber January 19, 2014 at 10:11 pm Permalink

Thanks so much Brooke!! xo

12. Amie January 17, 2014 at 9:08 am Permalink

Love this look!!

13. April January 17, 2014 at 9:29 am Permalink

Hi :) Thanks for the tutorial! What kind of extensions do you use? Where can I buy them?! :)

14. Lauren January 17, 2014 at 10:03 am Permalink

This is absolutely STUNNING!

xx
    Lauren Elizabeth
    Petite in Pearls

• amber January 19, 2014 at 10:08 pm Permalink

Thank you so much girl!!

15. Meaghan January 17, 2014 at 10:19 am Permalink

This tutorial was so helpful! Thank you for posting! I would love to see your version of milk maid braids too, if you wouldn’t minding posting a tutorial for that style! Thanks again for a great post!

• amber January 19, 2014 at 10:08 pm Permalink

Thanks so much girl!! And good idea I definitely need to do a milkmaid tutorial! xx

16. kaybo January 17, 2014 at 12:29 pm Permalink

What color & brand of nail polish is that?? It’s really pretty.

• amber January 19, 2014 at 10:07 pm Permalink

Thank you! It is just a random shellac color I picked out at the nail salon actually!! xx

17. Priscilla January 17, 2014 at 6:24 pm Permalink

Esse seu cabelo é perfeito *-*
    Acho você super linda e acompanho seu blog aqui do Brazil!
    Beijo (:

• amber January 19, 2014 at 10:07 pm Permalink

Thank you so much! That means the world to me and love to have you following along! Sending my love to Brazil xo

18. Suzanne January 17, 2014 at 8:20 pm Permalink

Congratulations on your pregnancy. I love your blog and follow your everyday.

I’m already thinking that your blog will become about your pregnancy, childbirth, babies, maternity wear, etc. You have already been posting an obsessive amount of pictures of babies, children, and mothers with babies.

I’m not interested and I would guess a large percentage of your readers are not either.

If you are going to turn this into a baby blog, you will be loosing me as a follower and I’m quite certain many others also.

Your young, Mormon and naïve. You have a great blog going even though most of us are sick of Mormon bloggers. Don’t blow it. Suzanne Hussey

• Cami January 17, 2014 at 11:12 pm Permalink

Wow Suzanne that’s quit the comment. Super rude if you ask me. She just found out she is pregnant with her first child of course she is excited, and what “obsessive” pictures are you talking about?! Since she has been pregnant she has been posting outfits more often and more tutorials. I love this blog and I also like to see stylish, accomplished, and successful mothers even though I am not a mother. Sorry if over the next 9 months she might make post on how to still be stylish pregnant and probably inspiring bounce back transformation after child birth that other people will appreciate. She may lose you as a follower but there are many others out there who will appreciate her blog.

• Amanda January 18, 2014 at 8:23 am Permalink

I agree…super rude. Your congratulations seem disingenuous. I can’t imagine how she could continue the blog and not include her pregnancy! Having a child will, without a doubt, change her life. I am not pregnant, but that doesn’t mean that I won’t enjoy seeing how she chooses to style herself with her growing baby bump. Perhaps the thing to do would have been to say “congratulations” and quietly stop following, if that is what you choose to do?

• Julie January 19, 2014 at 4:08 am Permalink

Suzanne, you’re a b**ch.

• amber January 19, 2014 at 10:05 pm Permalink

Hey Suzanne! Thank you for the congratulations but I am a little confused since I have only done one post on my pregnancy. Perhaps you are referring to my pinterest, but that is kind of my outlet to pin ideas for my life and for now on that involves a little one! I have always pinned baby things though even way before I was pregnant, but I have been pinning more recently so I am sorry if those don’t interest you but they are my personal inspiration and helpful tips I can reference later when needed :)

As for the direction of my blog, my blog will always be hair, beauty, and fashion. But just like when I got married, got a dog, go on vacations, I posted about those events, I will post about my pregnancy and my baby. Will it be lifestyle? No, but I do like to feel connected with my readers and love when they feel like they know me so I do share personal things on here especially things I feel so so excited about. And my religion has nothing to do with my blog, this is not a ‘Mormon’ blog or a ‘Catholic’ blog or a religious blog by any means so my religion should play no part in why any of my readers are here. Thanks for understanding. xo

• Casey January 20, 2014 at 5:03 pm Permalink

Very impressive turn onto the high road there. I am impressed with how tactfully you handled this.

It’s your blog, you can post what you want. People will keep reading. Keep up the good work. :)

19. Bri Rios January 17, 2014 at 10:24 pm Permalink

I’m always looks for more hairstyles to try out with my extensions {which I’ve barely used since my wedding, shame on me!}, so I really appreciated the tips & tricks in this video. Thanks for taking the time to make it, I know it takes a ton of work!

Bri
    breezydaysblog.com

• amber January 19, 2014 at 9:58 pm Permalink

Yeah it is tricky figuring out how to do different styles with extensions!! Glad you liked it, thanks so much girl!! xx

20. Monika January 17, 2014 at 10:45 pm Permalink

So cute! Love everything!

You’re too cute Amber! xo

Mon xo

thedoctorscloset.com

• amber January 19, 2014 at 9:57 pm Permalink

Thanks so much love!!! :)

21. Amanda January 17, 2014 at 10:54 pm Permalink

I love this hairstyle! I only wish my hair were long enough… Working on it ;)
    I’m so excited that you are doing more tutorials, I’m always looking for new ideas!
    Congratulations on your pregnancy…I hope you have a happy and healthy one!

• amber January 19, 2014 at 9:57 pm Permalink

Thanks so much Amanda!! So sweet of you! And girl you can totally do it with extensions!! try it :)

22. Sarah January 17, 2014 at 11:09 pm Permalink

Love it! Thanks Amber!
    I read your blog everyday and am always so excited to see what you post!

• amber January 19, 2014 at 9:56 pm Permalink

Sarah thanks so much girl!! xo

23. Aimee January 18, 2014 at 11:34 am Permalink

Gorgeous! I can never do anything with my hair, but maybe I’ll work on doing this.
    xoxo Aimee
    Bows&Beau-ties

• amber January 19, 2014 at 9:54 pm Permalink

Totally try it out!! :)

24. Gentri January 18, 2014 at 1:00 pm Permalink

So pretty! I wish I had this much hair!

• amber January 19, 2014 at 9:54 pm Permalink

Umm me too!! Haha :) mine is 60% extensions!! xx

25. Courtney January 18, 2014 at 1:03 pm Permalink

I love this hairstyle and can not wait for my hair to grow back out long enough to give it a try! You always look so chic, excited to see how you transition your style into maternity wear! I am sure you will be just as stylish as ever and I will have to bookmark those looks for future reference!

• amber January 19, 2014 at 9:53 pm Permalink

Thanks love!! And girl that is what extensions are for!! You can totally do this style! And ah yeah once I have a noticeable bump and not just a “did she eat a burrito?” bump I will start styling it in clothes more :)

26. Meghan Neureither January 18, 2014 at 6:20 pm Permalink

Hi Amber. You look stunning and this is a fantastic hairstyle! Congratulations on your pregnancy! May I please ask what the brand and color of nail polish is that you are wearing? It is absolutely stunning!
    Thanks!

• amber January 19, 2014 at 9:51 pm Permalink

Thanks so much Meghan!! :) And unfortunately it isn’t really a brand or anything it was just a color of shellac I picked out at the nail salon! All it had was a number next to it and I don’t remember the number, sorry!! xx

27. hayley roderick January 19, 2014 at 4:49 pm Permalink

Love that you created a video as well! Trying this asap!
    dailydoseofdarling.com

• amber January 19, 2014 at 9:50 pm Permalink

Definitely do! You will love it! xx

28. Charlie January 20, 2014 at 6:02 am Permalink

Definitely going to give this a try. This style really suits you x

• amber January 20, 2014 at 9:17 am Permalink

Thanks Charlie!! Totally try it you will love it! xx

29. Lauren Tarr January 20, 2014 at 11:22 am Permalink

Wish I could get my hair to look that full and gorgeous in a braid! I’ll definitely have to try this soon ! <3

• amber January 20, 2014 at 5:27 pm Permalink

You totally can with extensions, promise!! xx

30. Sharon Lee January 20, 2014 at 11:51 am Permalink

Love your blog and congratulations on your pregnancy! I love your style and would love to know where you got the animal print sweater!

• amber January 20, 2014 at 5:26 pm Permalink

Thanks so much! And there is a link for the sweater underneath the photo :) it is Townsen! xx

31. Purely Fashion January 20, 2014 at 1:22 pm Permalink

Definitely going to try this out! You have the best hair tutorials!

• amber January 20, 2014 at 5:25 pm Permalink

Thank you so much!!! :)

32. Kelsey January 21, 2014 at 11:04 pm Permalink

This is gorgeous! Thanks so much for sharing. I can’t wait to try it!

-Kelsey

(I just launched my fashion blog and currently have a giveaway offering $250 worth of credits for a Facebook campaign/advertisement that can be used towards your blog or business!)

33. Jessica January 26, 2014 at 9:33 pm Permalink

Amber, Thank you SO MUCH for showing how to “fat out” a braid! All this time I’ve been pulling hair from the outside and it just doesn’t look right or last in my hair. Pulling from the *inside* makes all the difference! I’ve been getting so many compliments on my new, fatter, braids and styles thanks to you ;)

34. Colleen Romriell February 4, 2014 at 8:23 pm Permalink

I love this braid, I have hair that is fine and thin as well. I have never thought of hair extensions though and now I want to try it! What is your recommendation for purchasing extensions?

35. lily February 16, 2014 at 12:07 am Permalink

I have a question ?
    I like your braid your hair like this link
    You please open this link and see your hair is synthetic or human hair ? How many inches do you put more in ? do you think synthetic hair can I braid ? after I braid the hair will be wrinkle or not ? if synthetic hait wrinkle can I heat low will straight again ?

1. Anuhea | Beach & Blonde - January 20, 2014

[…] Love, Wrong Time,” and “Here I Go.” Suddenly, I want to put on some flip flops, braid my hair and make a sandcastle. […]

2. Twistacular Tutorials- Romantic Braids / Twistband Blog - February 4, 2014

[…] side braid speaks volumes, literally. Bare foot blonde takes the regular every day braid and ups the ante with hairspray and a lot of […]

3. 5 Steps for The Perfect Hair | The Circular - April 3, 2014